For a small scale, part-time producer of Coventry photographic postcards, Archibald Mills was one the most technically accomplished. An engineer by trade Mills, was living at 7 Northfield Road at the start of his short postcard career in 1911. But when he finished his output around 1914 he was living at 15 Stanley Road, Earlsdon, as noted on the back of some cards. He covered quite a large area of Coventry and Warwickshire, but it his street scenes of Coventry that are particularly well composed, capturing the busy activity in the city centre. His period of postcard production only lasted for these few pre-First World War years, though he continued to do studio photographs after the war. Many of his plates were bought by Coventry High Street Stationers Thompson-Hughes and reprinted under their name, making up the first 100 or so cards of their numbered series. This included most of the most well known views of Earlsdon for this period. Despite being well out of date they continued to be sold into the 1920s.