This was the giant of the Coventry postcard publishing industry, dominating the inter-war period with its creation of new cards of every district of Coventry. Unlike many of the local photographic postcards publishers, Thompson’s did not print their own postcards. It is believed that they had them produced in London by Rotary, one of the largest national printers of photographic postcards. In fact they did not even take their own photographs before the 1920s, relying on buying up the plates of other Coventry postcard photographers such as Waterman, Mills and Appleby. They published series of views under a number of names, in order, T-H Co./H.H.T.Cov/H.H.T.Premier Series/Teesee Series. They operated as early as 1909 from a stationer’s shop at 30 High Street. In the 1920s they employed a number of reps who would seek out business from local shops in towns and villages in Warwickshire who would order as many as twenty plus different views of their area. They would then send their employees to take the photographs which would be sent to Rotary who would print the cards with the retailer’s name on the reverse. Later they even drummed up business from counties far beyond Warwickshire Although the postcard business nationally was declining anyway as the century progressed, the bombing of Thompson’s warehouse in St Nicholas Street in the Second World War meant the business could only stagger on for a few years after the war.